Download Ncert Solutions For Class 9 Social Science History Chapter 5 Pastoralists In The Modern World
• Read Sources A and B.
• Write briefly about what they tell you about the nature of the work undertaken by men and women in pastoral households.
• Why do you think pastoral groups often live on the edges of forests?
• Write a comment on the closure of the forests to grazing from the standpoint of:
• a forester
• a pastoralist
• Imagine you are living in the 1890s. You belong to a community of nomadic pastoralists and craftsmen. You learn that the Government has declared your community as a Criminal Tribe.
• Describe briefly what you would have felt and done.
• Write a petition to the local collector explaining why the Act is unjust and how it will affect your life.
• Imagine that it is 1950 and you are a 60-year-old Raika herder living in post-Independence India. You are telling your grand-daughter about the changes which have taken place in your lifestyle after Independence. What would you say?
• Imagine that you have been asked by a famous magazine to write an article about the life and customs of the Maasai in pre-colonial Africa. Write the article, giving it an interesting title. Find out more about the some of the pastoral communities marked in Figs. 11 and 13.
Question 1. Explain why nomadic tribes need to move from one place to another. What are the advantages to the environment of this continuous movement?
Question 2. Discuss why the colonial government in India brought in the following laws. In each case, explain how the law changed the lives of pastoralists:
• Waste Land rules
• Forest Acts
• Criminal Tribes Act
• Grazing Tax
Question 4. Give reasons to explain why the Maasai community lost their grazing lands.
Question 5. There are many similarities in the way in which the modern world forced changes in the lives of pastoral communities in India and East Africa. Write about any two examples of changes which were similar for Indian pastoralists and the Maasai herders.
Please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org you can aslo visit our facebook page to get quick help. Link of our facebook page is given in sidebar
Copyright @ ncerthelp.com A free educational website for CBSE, ICSE and UP board.