Download Ncert Solutions For Class 9 Social Science History Chapter 5 Livelihoods, Economies And Societies
• Each mile of railway track required between 1,760 and 2,000 sleepers. If one averagesized tree yields 3 to 5 sleepers for a 3 metre wide broad gauge track, calculate approximately how many trees would have to be cut to lay one mile of track.
• If you were the Government of India in 1862 and responsible for supplying the railways with sleepers and fuel on such a large scale, what were the steps you would have taken?
• An adivasi child will be able to name hundreds of species of trees and plants. How many species of trees can you name?
• Have there been changes in forest areas where you live? Find out what these changes are and why they have happened.
• Write a dialogue between a colonial forester and an adivasi discussing the issue of hunting in the forest.
Questons 1. Discuss how the changes in forest management in the colonial period affected the following groups of people:
• Shifting cultivators
• Nomadic and pastoralist communities
• Firms trading in timber/forest produce
• Plantation owners
• Kings/British officials engaged in shikar
Questons 2. What are the similarities between colonial management of the forests in Bastar and in Java?
Questons 3. Between 1880 and 1920, forest cover in the Indian subcontinent declined by 9.7 million hectares, from 108.6 million hectares to 98.9 million hectares. Discuss the role of the following factors in this decline:
• Agricultural expansion
• Commercial farming
• Tea/Coffee plantations
• Adivasis and other peasant users
Question 4. Why are forests affected by wars?
Please send your queries to email@example.com you can aslo visit our facebook page to get quick help. Link of our facebook page is given in sidebar
Copyright @ ncerthelp.com A free educational website for CBSE, ICSE and UP board.