NCERT Solutions For Class 9 English Chapter 10 Download In Pdf, All Ncert Solutions From Class 9 To 12 Free Pdf Download
(Link of Pdf File is given below at the end of the Questions list)
Answer these questions in one or two words or in short phrases.
1. Name the two temples the author visited in Kathmandu.
2. The writer says, “All this I wash down with Coca Cola.” What does ‘all this’ refer to?
3. What does Vikram Seth compare to the quills of a porcupine?
4. Name five kinds of flutes.
Answer each question in a short paragraph.
1. What difference does the author note between the flute seller and the otherhawkers?
2. What is the belief at Pashupatinath about the end of Kaliyug?
3. The author has drawn powerful images and pictures. Pick out three examples each of
(i) the atmosphere of ‘febrile confusion’ outside the temple of Pashupatinath (forexample: some people trying to get the priest’s attention are elbowed aside…)
(ii) the things he sees
(iii) the sounds he hears
Answer the following questions in not more than 100 − 150 words each.
1. Compare and contrast the atmosphere in and around the Baudhnath shrine with the Pashupathinath temple.
2. How does the author describe Kathmandu’s busiest streets?
3. “To hear any flute is to be drawn into the commonality of all mankind.” Why doethe author say this?
Read the following sentences carefully to understand the meaning of the italicised phrases. Then match the phrasal verbs in Column A with their meanings in Column B.
1. A communal war broke out when the princess was abducted by the neighbouring prince.
2. The cockpit broke off from the plane during the plane crash.
3. The car broke down on the way and we were left stranded in the jungle.
4. The dacoit broke away from the police as they took him to court.
5. The brothers broke up after the death of the father.
6. The thief broke into our house when we were away.
1. Use the suffixes −ion or −tion to form nuns from the following verbs. Make the necessary changes in the spellings of the words.
Example: proclaim − proclamation
2. Now fill in the blanks with suitable words from the ones that you have formed.
(i) Mass literacy was possible only after the ___________ of the printing machine.
(ii) Ramesh is unable to tackle the situation as he lacks ____________.
(iii) I could not resist the _____________ to open the letter.
(iv) Hardwork and ___________are the main keys to success.
(v) The children were almost fainting with ______________after being made tostand in the sun.
Use capital letter, full stops, question marks, commas and inverted commaswherever necessary in the following paragraph. an arrogant lion was wandering though the jungle one day he asked the tiger who isstronger than you you O lion replied the tiger who is more fierce than a leopardasked the lion you sir replied the leopard he marched upto an elephant and askedthe same question the elephant picked him up in his trunk swung him in the air andthrew him down look said the lion there is no need to get mad just because you don’tknow the answer
1. Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
(i) The heart is a pump that ___________ (send) the blood circulating through our body. The pumping action ____________ (take place) when the left ventricle of the heart ____________ (contract). This ____________ (force) the blood out into the arteries, which __________ (expand) to receive the oncoming blood. (ii) The African lungfish can live without water for up to four years. During drought, it _________ (dig) a pit and ___________ (enclose) itself in a capsule of slime and earth, leaving a tiny opening for air. The capsule ____________ (dry) and _____________ (harden), but when rain ___________(come), the mud ___________ (dissolve) and the lungfish ___________ (swim) away. (iii) Mahesh: We have to organise a class party for our teacher. ____________ (Do) anyone play an instrument? Vipul: Rohit _________(play) the flute. Mahesh: __________ (Do) he also act? Vipul: No, he __________ (compose) music. Mahesh: That’s wonderful!
Please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org you can aslo visit our facebook page to get quick help. Link of our facebook page is given in sidebar
Copyright @ ncerthelp.com A free educational website for CBSE, ICSE and UP board.