Here You Can Download All Ncert Solutions In Pdf, CBSE Class 9 English Chapter 1 Fun They Had
(Pdf File link is given at the end of the Questions list)
1. Find the sentences in the lesson which have the adverbs given in the box below.
awfully sorrowfully completely loftily
carefully differently quickly nonchalantly
2. Now use these adverbs to fill in the blanks in the sentences below.
(i) The report must be read __________ so that performance can be improved.
(ii) At the interview, Sameer answered our questions __________ shrugging his shoulders.
(iii) We all behave __________ when we are tired or hungry.
(iv) The teacher shook her head __________ when Ravi lied to her.
(v) I __________ forgot about it.
(vi) When I complimented Revathi on her success, she just smiled __________ and turned away.
(vii) The President of the Company is __________busy and will not be able to meet you.
(viii) I finished my work __________ so that I could go out to play.
3. Make adverbs from these adjectives.
(i) angry __________ (ii) happy __________
(iii) merry __________ (iv) sleepy __________
(v) easy __________ (vi) noisy __________
(vii) tidy __________ (viii) gloomy __________
Answer these questions in a few words or a couple of sentences each.
1. How old are Margie and Tommy?
2. What did Margie write in her diary?
3. Had Margie ever seen a book before?
4. What things about the book did she find strange?
5. What do you think a telebook is?
6. Where was Margie’s school? Did she have any classmates?
7. What subjects did Margie and Tommy learn?
Answer the following with reference to the story.
1. “I wouldn’t throw it away.”
(i) Who says these words?
(ii) What does ‘it’ refer to?
(iii) What is it being compared with by the speaker?
2. “Sure they had a teacher, but it wasn’t a regular teacher. It was a man.”
(i) Who does ‘they’ refer to?
(ii) What does ‘regular’ mean here?
(iii) What is it contrasted with?
Answer each of these questions in a short paragraph (about 30 words).
1. What kind of teachers did Margie and Tommy have?
2. Why did Margie’s mother send for the County Inspector?
3. What did he do?
4. Why was Margie doing badly in geography? What did the Country Inspector do to
5. What had once happened to Tommy’s teacher?
6. Did Margie have regular days and hours for school? If so, why?
7. How does Tommy describe the old kind of school?
8. How does he describe the old kind of teachers?
Answer each of these questions in two or three paragraphs (100 − 150 words)
1. What are the main features of the mechanical teachers and the schoolrooms thatMargie and Tommy have in the story?
2. Why did Margie hate school? Why did she think the old kind of school must havebeen fun?
3. Do you agree with Margie that schools today are more fun than the school in thestory? Give reasons for your answer.
Please send your queries to email@example.com you can aslo visit our facebook page to get quick help. Link of our facebook page is given in sidebar
Copyright @ ncerthelp.com A free educational website for CBSE, ICSE and UP board.